Friday, March 15, 2013

Vintage Birthday Card

I bet you thought I was never posting again! Well it's been an adjustment with the baby but I think I finally am back in the swing of things. Whew! 17 years is a long time without a baby in the house and though you don't forget, you do change your lifestyle and changing it back isn't easy!

While I was at the show last weekend I took a couple of orders. The first was for a vintage style birthday card for someones daughter who was turning 49. I know when I turned 49 earlier this year I didn't want any reminders of just how old I actually was so I didn't put any numbers on this card. She'll thank me I'm sure! Her favorite color is purple so I tried to stay with some purple tones in the card. All purple would have been boring so there's some grayish blue and old photo colors as well.

The beautiful image of the girl comes from Vintage Feedsacks and the sentiment on the front is from Create with TLC. I used some ivory organza flowers that I spritzed with pomegranate Glimmer Mist and some white roses that I brushed with old paper distress ink. The butterflies are brads.
















The inside sentiment is an Inkadinkadoo Stamp that I scanned and then recolored to match the colors I was using. The card stock I used was double sided and the light script was already there. I thought it looked elegant so I kept the inside simple.

Supplies:
CS - I picked it up at Michael's but there is no brand on it so I'm thinking its Recollections
Lace - Offray
Organza Flowers - Basicgrey
Roses - Paper Studio
Leaves - May Arts
Brads - Recollections
Inks - Pomegranate and Suede Glimmer Mist, Old Paper Distress Inks
Dies - Die-namics Rectangles and Fancy Flourish, Xryon Shapez Frame 5
Stamp - Inkadinkadoo

Love ya,
~Deb~

10 comments:

  1. lovely!! I'm sure she's gonna treasure this!!
    -Berina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Berina, at first I thought it might be a bit over the top but in the end I liked it.

      Delete
  2. Hi my dear friend,your card is just gorgeous ^_^
    I like the details and the beautiful image^_^
    Big hug,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sonia, I thought the image was gorgeous too.

      Delete
  3. Hey Deb. Nice to see you back and the card looks great. Love the butterfly brad and flowers. Your choice of image never goes wrong, its perfect for the card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. o good golly! i LOVE vintage and just can't get a handle on doing it. this is gorgeous! always delightful when you stop by.

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stef! Vintage isn't hard, I started by watching some crafters who specialize i vintage and then just gave it a whirl after a few weeks. You should totally try it.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Stunning card you made! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me your words of encouragement. Please do not leave negative comments, this is a happy place!