Friday, February 1, 2013

Vintage Women

I find vintage images of fashion fascinating. I can't imagine how they must have felt pulling those corset strings so tight they couldn't breathe in order to have that perfect small waist. I'm not a small person and in fact I've lost 110 lb.s in the last year but I'm still not small so it astounds me that they would allow them selves to suffer for beauty like that. Still I think they are gorgeous at the same time. I guess I'd be called a hypocrite for that . I found these two images on a blog who's name I can't pronounce. Here's the link Le blog de Lacigale . She has some other cool images too. Even if i can't read it I can still appreciate the pictures :) Seriously she has a translate button so you can translate to your chosen language. It's a really great blog if you like vintage or steam punk.
















For the brown card I used some velum paper that was already printed with words and graphics. I'd tell you the brand but I lost the top of the package and the plastic doesn't say. I can tell you I got it at Michael's. The lace frame is by recollections along with the card stock. The flower is Prima, the feathers are Horizon group and I inked them up a bit with TH Wild Honey Distress Stain. The bow is ribbon I picked up at the Dollar Tree and I used a Dress It Up button in the center.

The blue card was first embossed with a peacock feather embossing folder by Couture Creations. Then I layered a piece of black CS that I distressed the edges with a scissors and then stamped a gold feather (Stampendous) with gold Archival ink. Then I layered my image that I colored on that, added some flower trim at the bottom (found at Wal-mart) and placed three coordinating Dress It Up buttons. They are both a soft vintage look but completely different styles. That's how I roll ladies LOL you never know how my cards are going to turn out.

Thanks for visiting today, I appreciate you guys more than you can ever know!

Love ya,
~Deb~

5 comments:

  1. Deb your cards are so I love the feathers on them both so kewl looking the one you've stamped :)
    hugs Nikki
    and that tag you love is a whimsy die

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful cards you have made my lovely friend^_^ Beautiful and elegant^_^
    Have a beautiful weekend my dear^_^
    Big hug,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Such a fabulous cards. I am in love with your beautiful blue card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me your words of encouragement. Please do not leave negative comments, this is a happy place!