I dyed, I painted, I trimmed, I glued, and everything looked so pretty! Then it came time to close and tie it shut. First I spent several minutes trying to get the organza ribbon to tie. That in and of itself was a feat but also the folds got all wonky. The flowers I put in were too thick! I tried to take one off but the paper came off with it of course so I glued it back down and said the heck with it. It's still pretty, it still stands, and most people won't display it closed anyway. So here's how it turned out.
Wow that looks bad! It looks worse in pictures I think.
One side open
Other side open
So lesson learned, don't put dimensional items in a domino book but I may have a way to change that....planning, planning! Tomorrow I'll show you the first one I made.