Sunday, December 30, 2012

Muses...

Sometimes they disappear without warning. I've been feeling very "un-artistic" for a couple weeks now. Is it like that for you? Do you get dry spells? The good news is that when you are at your most frustrated, they reappear. I'm not sure who or what my muse is but I am SOOOOOO glad it's back.

This morning as I was sitting in my office before dawn, frustrated and thinking I was just going to make the same ol' whatever when it hit me like a ton of bricks!

A while ago I ordered some wrought iron keys from Pick Your Plum. I'm terrible about not reading fine print so when they arrived, they were two or three times bigger than I had imagined. Originally I wanted to make Santa keys with them, you know the ones that you hang if you don't have a fire place. Alas, they were just to big for that. What to do with them...nothing hit me so they've hung on my office wall for months.

It's kinda blurry since I took the pic on my phone, but you get the idea. They measure 9 1/2" top to bottom so they are BIG and weigh a lot.
Can you guess what I'm making with them? No? Well stop by tomorrow and I'll show you what the muse said to me.

Love ya,
~Deb~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me your words of encouragement. Please do not leave negative comments, this is a happy place!