Sunday, October 7, 2012

My First Challenge

OK, so this is my second post on my new blog. Broken Box Stock is having a challenge so I though I'd give it a try. I've never entered one before :) Their theme is "Make a Halloween Card" which seems simple enough so I'm going to enter this card:

When I started making this I wasn't planning to blog...my how things change! Anyway I didn't always save where I got an image so if it's yours please let me know. I believe these all came from the Graphics Fairy site. The sentiment I think came from TLC Creations but I'm not positive. If you haven't been to either site you should take a look. The Graphics Fairy is filled with interesting vintage images and TLC has great sentiments daily plus a shop. Both generously gives them away and they are FAB.
 
Anyway a little about the card. I inserted text box images over the bottles and made witchy labels before printing. On this particular card I choose to use chalks to give them that soft antique look. Then I fussy cut each image attached my background paper and witch flat to the card. Next I attached two copies of the table so it would look like the table cloth was 3d when popped up on dots. On the table, I placed the bottles and a skull with candle that I manipulated to curve out while sticking down also with pop dots. The sentiment was printed, then I distressed the heck out of it and attached in a curvy manner as well. You can see it a little better in the picture below.


For the inside, I mounted different papers and a little round tag to give it some dimension. I like how it turned out. It's a little different then most cards I've seen out there. So what do you think?

I'm entering this card into:
Broken Box Stock challenge #11

5 comments:

  1. Deb Congrats on making a blog and your doing a fab job so far I look forward to seeing your creations popping up & this Halloween card is so kewl love that witch and what a kewl table I would love it in my home
    Hugs Nikki C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nikki! Whew, I can't beleive I did it! Now on to having fun with it. I appreciate your kindness.

      Delete
  2. Well done sweets you have a fabulous looking blog.

    This spooky card is gorgeous love the sentiment and the way you have attached.

    Looking forward to seeing more of your beautiful work.

    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shirl! I had fun making it! As I said in my first post, have lots more to share and would love to hear from you!

      Delete
  3. What a fun and spooky creation! Thanks so much for joining us for our Halloween Challenge at Broken Box Stock.

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me your words of encouragement. Please do not leave negative comments, this is a happy place!