Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Family and Friends

Hi again!

Last night I had an interesting political debate with my future son-in-law. He and I don't see eye to eye on things but it was actually kind of comical. in the end he got mad and un-friended me on FB. What's funny about that you ask? Well, he lives on our property and eats with us so dinner tonight should be interesting! I'm still chuckling over the whole thing.

Yesterday I HAD to clean so I didn't get much done creatively. The dust was getting bad after a couple days of not sweeping and dusting so I set about getting that done. When I started to mop with my Swiffer, I ran out of solution half way through the first room. I stood there thinking, this is a sign! A sign that I should just go create and blog and forget cleaning, but alas there comes a point where you can't take looking at the dust anymore and you just have to do it. I pulled out an empty spray bottle, filled it with water and Lysol and sprayed as I went. It worked and everything was clean. Yippie!

Today it looks like I never did it...big sigh. I'll be glad when the construction is over.

This morning I went to visit my good friend Donna. I had some business to take care of and she's a notary so it was the perfect opportunity. I miss her and it was so good to see her. We use to talk daily when we worked for the same place but now it's harder since I'm at home and she's busy at work. She looks great though and an hour is never enough time to cover everything. Hugs to you if you read this Donna!

So here's another card for you to look at. Click on the images to enlarge them.



The BG paper and image come from Dover. I colored it up with my WC pencils. Used some blue paper I had in my stash and embellished the fairy with glitter and rhinestones then I fussy cut around the hair and attached the image to the blue and then to the BG. The flower I made using some of the beautiful paper I won from Nikki C. over at Limited Run Digi's and I used TH Tattered Flowers Die. Then I made some leaves and curled them to give it a more 3D look.

The inside was a Sizzix die and I made the sentiment to go in it on the computer. I saw something similar on a site but wanted it to be in a different font and with a bigger butterfly so I can't claim credit for it.

That's it for today. Tomorrow I want to show you some of my Dearie Dolls Cards. Her images are so fun to work with!

Have a peaceful midweek!

Love ya,
~Deb~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me your words of encouragement. Please do not leave negative comments, this is a happy place!