Thursday, October 11, 2012

Dearie Doll Cards

It's Thursday! Weekly poker night for my hubby and that means crafting night for me because I'll have the house to myself with no interruptions. Hmmm, wonder what I'll make....

For today I told you I would show you some Dearie Doll cards. The images are created by one of my favorite artists for digi's. her name is Mary Ellen and besides absolutely adorable  art, she also creates wonderful poetry and posts it on her blog. You can find her link in my blog list. I encourage you to visit. Everything is precious and I know you'll love it!

For the first card I created I used her Christmas Tea Booth digi. I think it's so cute! You can click on the images to enlarge them if you want a better view. I used my standard Prismacolor water color pencils some glitter and some snowflake embellishments that I found at Michael's. I mounted it all on blue Reflections CS. Wouldn't it be fun to live where they still have kids doing lemonade stands in the summer and tea stands in the winter? Ah times change...


Sentiment is by Craftycat957.


For the second card I used her Cat Sisters. This could be used for a birthday card, I miss you card, or really anything you wanted to say to your sister. I mounted it on white layered with some pretty cupcake and tea  paper that I won from Nikki C (not sure what brand it is). I thought it went well with this image. Then I put some basic gray Reflections CS behind the image and cut around to create the same shape, sort of a shadow I guess. My standard coloring technique and that's it. I wanted it to be kind of simple.


Inside the card is a perfect sentiment to accompany the image. It comes from Desertdiva. I layered it up with the same papers I used on the outside and colored in the "forever" to match.

 
I have several more I've done with her images but I haven't gotten pictures of them yet so will post more later. I adore her work.
 
Tomorrow I thought I'd talk about my coloring technique. I don't use my pencils in the traditional way so it may or may not be new to you, but stop back and see.
 
Have a fabulous rest of the day!
 
Love ya!
~Deb~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me your words of encouragement. Please do not leave negative comments, this is a happy place!